Part-Time Job Opportunity:
Youper is a company dedicated to providing simple, affordable, and comprehensive mental health care. With one monthly subscription people can access online medical providers, medication, therapy, on-demand therapy exercises, and health monitoring tools for anxiety, depression, insomnia, and other mental health conditions.
We are seeking highly conscientious and personable independent contractors ($25 per hour) to serve as Youper Therapy Coaches. In this role, you will meet with Youper patients to support them in using the therapy exercises in the Youper app and provide patients with guidance on how best to manage their mental health symptoms. All patient visits will be conducted via video call. In this role, you will receive extensive training in a variety of therapy techniques including motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy. Your work with patients will be closely supervised by Dr. Andrea Niles, Youper’s chief science officer. This role is a good fit if you’re someone who likes supporting and helping others reach their goals and are interested in learning about techniques used in therapy. If you’re applying for graduate programs in mental health, this role will provide rich clinical experience and training, and you can receive a letter of recommendation from Dr. Niles to support your graduate school applications.
- BA or BS in any field (psychology preferred) OR, if currently in college, 2 completed years of higher education
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Strong social skills
- Ability to learn independently
- Strong interest in psychology and mental health
- Quiet and private place to hold sessions with strong and reliable internet connection
- Access to a desktop computer with a camera and microphone
Experience with one or more of the following is preferred:
- Crisis line or peer support
- Human subjects research including running subjects through protocols
- Customer service
- Complete four-day training and pass a written and oral exam
- Commit at least 8 hours per week
- Take on at least 12 patients to see weekly via video call
- Commit to at least one year of working with Youper
If you’re interested, please apply now and a member of our team will reach out to you.